We are searching for an Office Manager / Receptionist with good communication and organizational skills to oversee and support the day-to-day functions of our 30 person architecture studio. This person will ensure that the office runs efficiently and that employees have what they need to be successful. This position is paid hourly and can start as either a full time or part time role, with transition to full time salaried starting January 2022.
- Answer phone calls and emails from clients, consultants, and vendors and directing them to relevant staff
- Monitor office supplies and order new supplies, furniture, appliances and electronics as required
- Organize housekeeping and maintenance companies to keep the office clean and safe and ensure its appliances are in good working order
- Receive and distribute incoming mail and packages and coordinate outgoing.
- Manage staff kitchen, including maintaining stocked pantry, and coffee machines in working order.
- Coordinate internal studio events, including happy hours, exercise classes, and studio field trips.
- Execute studio culture and lead studio culture committee.
- Support in-studio IT needs, including ordering supplies, coordinating IT vendors, and organizing and managing software licenses.
- Support new staff onboarding
- Support and/or manage office move coordination (one-time)
- 1-2 years previous experience in office setting
- Experience with managing ongoing administrative tasks
- Ability to organize and manage time well
- Excellent communication skills
- Upbeat, friendly, and creative problem-solving personality
- Effectively prioritize tasks and allocate time accordingly
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required
How to apply:
- Submit a cover letter, detailed resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include the role/title in the email subject line
- No phone calls, please
Skylab is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.