We are seeking an Interior Designer to work on a wide range of projects maintaining a high-level design excellence working with project teams utilizing professional best practices.
Interior Designer Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Project Directors and Principals to maintain office design vision and goals.
- Prepare and deliver interior design presentations to clients.
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of material specifications and FFE solutions into project development.
- Advise and guide design teams to ensure consistent and high-quality interior design throughout project development.
- Connect with product manufacturers and representatives to promote innovation within the studio and represent studio externally to the design industry.
- Review document technical requirements, development and project plans to ensure adherence to defined standards and to facilitate the transfer of knowledge throughout the design staff.
- Facilitate project reviews, sample sourcing and design documentation at all phases of a project.
- Participate in management and organization of office sample library.
- Ensure effective communications
- Degree in Interior Architecture, Interior Design or Architecture from accredited university
- 8+ Years of experience leading projects ranging in size and complexity.
- Mastery in Architectural and FFE software platforms currently used to perform work such as Revit and SpecSources. Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign for presentation production.
- In-depth knowledge of specification coordination and FFE purchasing
- Experience leading projects and project teams and willingness to contribute to all phases of a design project.
- Project management skillset including the creation and tracking of contract materials, work plans, resource trackers and budgets• Comfortable giving presentations on a range of subject matter to internal and external audiences• Ability to communicate design solutions in clear and compelling way.
- Team player who enjoys both independent and teamwork environments
How to apply:
- Submit a cover letter, detailed resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include the role/title in the email subject line
- No phone calls, please
Skylab is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.